New York, US and Germany – Full Time, Freelance
Blockwatch is an engineering-driven blockchain data provider with a remote-first company culture, and we are looking for an exceptional Blockchain Data Engineer to join our highly-skilled and passionate team. The ideal candidate is an experienced, motivated, self-starting Engineer with proven experience in working with blockchain data and delivering efficient and scalable applications for cloud native environments.
We believe in the power of blockchain technology and decentralized networks. Our mission is to deliver superior insights, reliable analytics and secure infrastructure for multiple blockchains to help blockchain ecosystems grow to their full potential.
As a Blockchain Data Engineer at Blockwatch, you will…
- Design and implement data extraction algorithms, data models and data query interfaces for specific blockchains with a special focus on performance and correctness.
- Construct, implement and maintain aggregate metrics extracted from raw blockchain data.
- Build data visualization dashboards.
- Review code across the entire stack, write integration tests and contribute to maintaining a healthy CI/CD pipeline.
- interact and collaborate with other engineers and team members. Our team prioritizes creating a shared understanding of our systems and all supported networks, and we are dedicated to supporting each other on a daily basis.
- Contribute to blockchain network support discussions. We are looking for a strong technical leader that can help drive and own support for multiple networks.
- Participate in the overall blockchain network community. Join third party discussions and become a contributor to the development of new and existing networks
You will need…
- 3-5 years of infrastructure or back-end engineering experience under your belt.
- proficiency in a modern programming language such as Go, Python, or Rust.
- experience engineering data for financial or other data products.
- experience with columnar and time-series databases.
- familiarity with the Docker ecosystem, but you don’t necessarily need to be an expert.
- knowledge of blockchains and related networks as well as their data structures.
- experience building, maintaining, testing data pipelines and warehousing.
- experience in concurrency, multithreading and synchronization is a plus.
- an analytical mindset – you should feel comfortable using qualitative and quantitative data to inform your decision making.
- strong sense of ownership, entrepreneurial spirit, and/or startup-like experience.
- the motivation to self-start, and a proven track record of shipping quality products.
- the ability to proactively manage the needs of a growing company with minimal oversight, i.e. be capable of driving towards solutions independently while seeking feedback when
- strong curiosity and passion for decentralized economies/open finance.
- the drive to build something meaningful in a groundbreaking, entrepreneurial environment.
We are located in the US and Berlin. We provide competitive industry salaries along with:
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance (US only)
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship, and coaching from industry leaders and company leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company that is helping create the decentralized future
- The opportunity to work in tandem with fun, diverse and open-minded colleagues
As a company, we believe diversity drives innovation and we are committed to building an inclusive workplace and culture based on our values.Apply here